Four and More Bedroom Pet Friendly Cabins
North Georgia Mountains
Our four and more bedroom Pet Friendly Cabins North Georgia Mountains are perfect for a fun family getaway. They are also a great place to hold a reunion, a church retreat, or to sleep a wedding party.
Big pet friendly cabins offer the same amenities as other cabins. They are definitely a place where your furry baby can feel at home with the rest of the family.
Things to Do in the North Georgia Mountains:
• Amicalola Falls State Park
• Burt's Pumpkin Farm
• Chattahoochee National Forest
• Foxfire Museum & Heritage Center - If you’re traveling anywhere near the mountains of northeast Georgia, plan a visit to Mountain City. Take a walk through the past at The Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center. This is a piece of a unique time in America's past that is almost long gone, captured by local high school students who truly valued their heritage.
• Kangaroo Conservation Center - dedicated to the preservation of kangaroo species thru captive breeding and public education. Currently exhibiting over 300 kangaroos of 9 species, our Center has successfully bred and cared for over a dozen different species of marsupials in the past 24 years.
• Mercier Orchards - Mercier Orchards is a a family owned and operated Apple Orchard nestled in the North Georgia Mountains of Blue Ridge, GA doing business for more than “60 years.” Mercier Orchards offers the best selection of Mercier Quality apples and products. Everything from their famous “Fried Apple Pies” to “Fresh Apple Cider,” "U-Pick Apples" and the best North Georgia Apples you can get!
• North Georgia Premium Outlet Mall
• North Georgia Railway - North Georgia Railway features a 4 hour, 26 mile round trip that winds along the beautiful Toccoa River in vintage climate controlled or open air railcars. The relaxing ride starts at the historic depot, built in 1905 in downtown Blue Ridge, then stops for a layover in the quaint sister towns of McCaysville, GA and Copperhill, TN where visitors have a two hour layover; plenty of time to eat lunch, shop for unique crafts and antiques, snack on ice cream, visit the Operating Model Railroad display or explore.
• Ocoee Whitewater Center - The Ocoee Whitewater Center (OWC) site was constructed for the purpose of holding the 1996 Olympic Canoe and Kayak Slalom competitions. This was the first time these events were held on a natural river and it was appropriate the Ocoee should be chosen as the site as it was already one of the most popular whitewater rivers in the world.
• Southern Tree Plantation - Located in the heart of the North Georgia Mountains in Union County, Southern Tree Plantation is an active plantation growing thousands of pumpkins and Christmas trees. The Plantation is loaded with fun activities and things to do during our Fall and Christmas seasons.
• Ellijay is the apple capital of the world
• Helen has the only alpine coaster in the state
• Blue Ridge offers rides on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway
• Hiawassee's Happy Hawg BBQ has some the best Q in North Georgia
• Cave Spring has a natural limestone cave and a lake shaped like the state of Georgia
• Blairsville has rental boats and standup paddleboards so you can explore Lake Nottely's 106 miles of shoreline
• Dahlonega was the site of the first United States gold rush
• Sky Valley is officially the highest city in the state of Georgia
• Trail of Tears - Indian Removal Act forcible removed 1,300 Creek and Cherokees. One fourth of them died along the way.
• There was a gold rush in 1842 and you can still find gold nuggets in the streams
Cartecay Methodist Church is the oldest standing church in North Georgia
Early industries included: 22 grist mills, 4 distilleries, a jug factory, a rifle factory and 4 hotels